This is Walmington-on-Line, returned from abandonment smaller but slicker, brighter and better than ever before. Walmington-on-Line was originally launched in 2002 with the intention of keeping the world of Dad’s Army alive into the 21st century; ten years later that is still our aim.
The best bits of the original site have been restored to their former glory here and, after many years during which it sat abandoned like a pier with a hole in the middle, we now aim to bring you blog updates on a regular basis.
So what can you do while holidaying in Walmington? Here are a few suggestions:
- Check out Cheeseman’s column in the Eastgate Gazette – or rather, find out what is going on here at the blog
- Take a trip to the town hall, grab a map and plan your Walmington visit
- Visit Miss Beckwith at the library and browse through her Walmington-on-Line articles
- Find out what happened to the Captain after the war in Walmington-on-Line’s exclusive Peacetime Diaries of George Mainwaring
- Sign-up for email alerts, comment on a post, join or start a discussion
Above all, don’t panic! We may be stupid boys but we’re not all doomed.
Enjoy and share.